Our digital health software development process
This is how we work
- Budget Consulting
- Strategy Consulting
- Product Discovery Workshop
Discover & Define
- UX Research
- Product Roadmap
- UX Design
- UI Design
Deliver & Scale
- Product Development
- DevOps Architecture
- Continuous User Feedback & Delivery
- Recruit your own team with our help
Telemedicine/Telehealth app development FAQ
Everything you need to know to choose the right software developers for your mobile telehealth solution.
What Is HIPAA Compliance?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that sets standards for the protection of health information. HIPAA applies to all healthcare providers, including telemedicine providers.
To ensure our products are HIPAA compliant, we implement a number of security measures, such as using encryption to protect patient data and conducting regular security risk assessments.
What is virtual healthcare?
Virtual healthcare is the use of telecommunications technology to provide healthcare services remotely. This can include video conferencing, phone calls, text messages, and email. Virtual healthcare can be used for a wide range of services, including consultations, diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring.
It can be used to provide a wide range of services, including:
- Consultations with healthcare providers
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses
- Monitoring of chronic conditions
- Mental health counseling
- Educational programs
What are telehealth apps?
Telehealth apps are software applications that allow patients to connect with healthcare providers remotely. These apps can be used for a variety of purposes, including scheduling appointments, conducting video consultations, exchanging messages, and managing prescriptions.
What are telemedicine apps used for?
Telemedicine apps can be used for a wide range of medical services, including:
- Consultations for general health concerns, chronic conditions, and mental health
- Diagnosis of minor illnesses and injuries
- Treatment of minor illnesses and injuries, such as allergies, colds, and the flu
- Management of chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease
- Monitoring of patients' health progress
- Providing access to specialists
What are the benefits of using telemedicine software?
The most notable benefits of using telemedicine apps include:
- Convenience: Patients can access healthcare services from the comfort of their own homes, and doctors can provide care from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Cost-effectiveness: Telemedicine can be more cost-effective than traditional in-person care, as it can reduce the need for patients to travel to appointments and doctors to rent office space.
- Increased access to care: Telemedicine can help to increase access to care for patients who live in rural or underserved areas, or who have difficulty traveling to appointments.
- Improved patient outcomes: Telemedicine can lead to improved patient outcomes by allowing patients to receive care more quickly and easily, and by providing doctors with more data to make informed treatment decisions.
How can a telehealth app improve a patient’s mental health?
Telehealth apps can improve a patient's mental health in a number of ways, including:
- Providing access to mental health care: Telehealth apps can make it easier for patients to access mental health care, as they can connect with therapists from the comfort of their own homes.
- Reducing stigma: Telehealth apps can help to reduce the stigma associated with mental health care, as they provide a confidential and private way to connect with a therapist.
- Improving communication: Telehealth apps can improve communication between patients and therapists, as they provide a platform for real-time communication.
- Increasing engagement: Telehealth apps can increase engagement in treatment, as they provide patients with a convenient and accessible way to receive mental health care.
Can you integrate telemedicine apps with patient portals?
Yes, we have done such integrations in the past. It's also worth noting that integrating a telemedicine app with a patient portal can offer several benefits:
- Single sign-on: Patients can use their existing patient portal login credentials to access the telemedicine app.
- Shared data: Data from the telemedicine app can be shared with the patient portal, providing a more comprehensive view of the patient's health record.
- Improved coordination of care: Integration can help to improve coordination of care between different healthcare providers.
What are the biggest telehealth challenges?
The biggest telehealth challenges include:
- Technology access: Not all patients have access to the technology needed to use telemedicine apps.
- Reimbursement: Telehealth services are not always reimbursed by insurance companies.
- Regulation: There is a lack of standardization in telehealth regulations, which can create confusion and uncertainty for providers and patients.
What our MedTech clients say about working with us
It’s truly been a partnership. Pragmatic Coders have an in-depth understanding of our client base and what services we provide, anticipating needs and addressing them by adding new features into our system. Their team makes sure that there is a shared understanding so that what they deliver meets my organization's and our clients’ expectations.
Our other healthcare software services
We've got answers on anything connected with software development.
Ask a question
You can ask us a question using the form below. We will respond as soon as possible.